10 Feb 2016

on memory and other places















“I never saw this strange dwelling again. Indeed, as I see it now, the way it appeared to my child’s eye, it is not a building, but it is quite dissolved and distributed inside me: here one room, there another, and here a bit of corridor which,however, does not connect to the two rooms, but is conserved in me in fragmentary from. Thus the whole thing is scattered about inside me, the rooms, the stairs that descended with such ceremonious slowness, others narrow cages that mounted in a spiral movement, in the darkness of which we advanced like the blood in our veins.”
Rainer Maria Rilke - Notebook of Malte Laurids Brigge

“I was there" Architectural speculations on a farmhouse in Sognefjorden was the title from Hanne Kristine Kroken Finseth's diploma project at BAS in 2013. You can view some of it here and here  or at the BAS website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.